Monday, May 7, 2018

Vintage Incandescent Lighting

It is a beautiful but still chilly day here in Eastern Ontario where I live and I hope you are enjoying wonderful weather too!

I actually made time to hang out my washing and it has that wonderful fresh air scent to it all and tonight I will enjoy inspecting my bed when finally I turn off the lights. 

I have a few lamps to show off to you today, these vintage lamps all provide wonderful room accents and incandescent lighting to enhance many rooms in your home, or placed on your office desk, or a side table somewhere to show it off and all may be purchased from my shop.


This beautiful hob Nail Mauve and White Glass Hurricane Lamp was one of my late mother's favorite.   She used this in the Guest Bedroom and it was a beautiful accent piece.  It burns oil, but was never put into actual use.


This particular Hobnail Milk Glass lamp was a favorite of my late father who used it daily for his bedside lamp.  He would read for hours late into the night and this lamp has burned brightly for years since the mid 1960's. 


This very pretty Majolica Lamp with florals in relief was made in Italy and a wonderful room accent.  Household lamps were moved may time while my late father was in Military Service, many fabric over plastic lamp shades were damaged or destroyed in long distance moves, but somehow a shade to match this base was found and replaced sometime in the late 1970's.  


These hardly seen bottles by Anton Riemer Schmid Distillery, Munich Germany and turned into electric light lamps in 1948 and owned by my late parent since that time.  


I just added this lamp today.  It is a beautiful 1940's Vintage CloisonnĂ© Brass Enamel Chinese Blue with Chrysanthemum Florals carved ChamplevĂ© Lamp Ruyie Border in Midnight or Cobalt Blue.  It is a stunning lamp and a beautiful room accent. 

There remains so many Family possessions left for me to uncover, all sadly still holding in a storage locker which I hope to have emptied very soon.  

Being the one responsible for these personal effects is daunting, but the wonderful rediscoveries is worth it when you finally get into that locker and unpack another container.... 

For those who may be interested in any of these wonderful Incandescent Lamps this is where you can see them for sale....30% off all year round....The shop is a 24/7, 365 day affair, so it is conveniently open at your convenience....

You are most welcome to browse my shop at any time, and, should you have any questions about any article, please feel free to contact me.  NO CHARGE for answers or information you may be seeking. 

As always, your comments are most welcome.  


No comments: