Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Vintage Hats

DO YOU wear hats anymore?  These head coverings were very popular in the mid century for women who attended church and were popularized over the ages by many Iconic Women! 

Hats were adornments popularized by such iconic women as Audrey Hepburn, Jacqueline Kennedy, Queen Elizabeth II and her daughter-in-law, the People's Princess, Diana!  Today it is the Fascinators that grab attention and while at first were worn while attending the famous Ascot Race day!  In todays' fashion world,  it hat fashions have become the "in thing" to wear at events like weddings, and cocktail parties, Race Derbies across the world, and other momentous events where Fashion dictates your head covering is noticed. 

While in my family, hats always were worn to attend Church Services and church events but my late Aunt really was the one who bought and wore hats for just about every event going in her circle of family and friends.  
In the mid 50's women in England wore head coverings while shopping even.  Hats were the perfect fashion accessory back then, and even if money was not to be had, head gear was hand made and changed frequently if once upon a time they had a great foundation. 
Several hats were unpacked from my Families Estates and most I found can be viewed in my shop, all in gently used condition.  The majority were all from Canadian Designers and well made. 


Four Spring/Summer hats which are terrific for foundation, or re-designing with a variety of flowers or birds, a butterfly as one in the photo will show.  My late Aunt would make changes depending on the occasion she thought would be appropriate.  





These are wonderful hats made from Canadian Felts and Designed for women who liked a warm but fashionable hat for fall and winter all looking like close to being NEW. 

Sooooooooooo if your looking for a Retro Hat my shop is where you will find a few more.  Browsing doesn't cost a penny, so if you have nothing better to do, nothing new to search for, com'on over and browse my fashion accessories.  

Now being popularized once again are hats for men, and I do have a few listed over at SOCIALTYES.  I have sold so many and these are all that were left, so when I decided to open a shop for men's fashion accessories, I decided these would fit right in. 






No comments: