Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Cardboard Box Finds

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Wondering what happened to me?  I have been unpacking more family possessions from the storage unit and just take a look at what it is I found yesterday!





I found two exquisite hand made, hand painted Red Clay Masks from a Cuban Artist named Victor CamaGuey.  I researched and researched this name and found nothing. If you have ever seen anything like this, or know of this Artist, please take a moment to let me know.  I am sure others were made and bought by Canadians on vacation or business in or around Havana. 
These were made sometime in the early 1970's and have been carefully packed away for years. 

These are exquisite and one of a kind to be sure.  I am not selling them in my Vintage Shop due to the American Embargo on anything Cuban.  I have done all I can in terms of researching this Cuban Artist, but, found nothing at all.  Since Canada has no such embargo, this means I may sell them, just not on any E-commerce Sites such as Etsy.. 

Many people from around the world have chosen Cuba to vacation and have come back having thoroughly enjoyed their stays and brought many Cuban artworks and items Cubans make and sell to the tourists in order to make a little money to augment their meager wages.  I know my late Aunt would take two large suitcases filled with items of clothing to leave behind and the contents of these suitcases were just as sought after as were tips for those in service at the hotels. 

IF YOU might be interested in these, contact me, I do wish to sell them, both pieces for $150.00 Canadian currency plus shipping costs of course.   In order to determine shipping costs I parcel the items and attend with Canada Post with a postal or zip code for an actual and accurate shipping rate. 

Then, after finding these I unpacked a unique little rustic clay bowl, hand made and hand painted but not glazed on the inside and some thin glazing only on the outside and made by some unknown potter selling his wares from a stall in Tijuana, Mexico.  Someone brought it back in the mid 1960's while visiting family in San Diego many moons ago.   Isn't this a very colorful bowl? 








These are beautiful items and things I haven't seen in years and years.  

Have a wonderful day and thank you for your visit.  




No comments: