Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wooly = Warmth

35 days and counting!  Once the holiday season is upon us it winds down very quickly and before you know it you know who will be making his rounds real soon!  Meaning, there are not really that many days left to get yourself ready for the Big day! 



Today is so darned bone chilling cold it made me think of ways for my exchange student to be toasty warm while waiting for the school bus, so I have gone shopping for some needed warmth for her even though she will have to wait for Christmas!

MY young miss has a certain flair for a darker and more sedate color pallet and her favorite color combination just happens to be red with either black or green or gray!  I found her a pair of Sweater Mittens from JewelrybyJayne which are perfect!  

I  found a wonderful hoodie scarf for her too!  Over at SWAKCouture this gorgeous handmade hoodie scarf combination is practical as well as very attractive in its design and is wonderfully long.   I am partial to some particular pieces of head gear you can wear in a variety of ways, this not only suits me but I believe my teen will adore it!


For yourself, for family members or friends who simply appreciate wool sweaters, scarves and mittens or gloves I found this beautiful hand made Infinity Scarf at the BohoMonroeCreations shop!  Don't you think this would make a perfect and lasting gift to give?  It certainly would fit in with any color combination of outerwear they may be wearing this winter!

This unusual styled  crocheted Cowl Sweater Vest is uniquely different from 
anything I have noticed lately, it would certainly make a wonderful winter gift to give this Christmas!  It comes from Gitasknitwear, isn't it great for those who love the out doors in winter weather and yet have a need for warmth?  Teens especially will love them!


For men and young men, any sweaters made from sheeps wool is ideal!  Style coupled with warmth is essential for being out of doors, and nothing is as warm and comfy as sweaters made from sheeps wool!  This one is made from NewZealands' sheeps wool and is wonderfully long which covers the back and hips nicely!  This I found at Knitsha!  


Men love woolen vests!  They keep the body warm yet allow the arms movement and some men don't like their arms captured in sleeves over long sleeved shirts.  These knitted woolen vests are terrific for a man who enjoys this type of garment in winter!  It comes from toivima shawls !

Winter in most parts of many countries means having to dress for cold weather, so if you have those on your list who could use a new garment for warmth and comfort this winter, why not browse the Etsy shops for sweaters, vests, shawls, scarves, mittens, and don't forget those wonderful wooly socks to keep the tootsies warm and cozy too!   Make being out of doors in winter weather enjoyable while being warmly dressed to that sledding, skating, riding or leisurely walks to enjoy the winter scenery is cozy and fun?

Thousands of Independent shop owners at Etsy offer you hand made goodness, so do yourself a favor, look around the shops, find something you don't see being worn every time you turn the corner and please someone you love with warmth this Christmas morning!


****The choice of items I choose to write about is my own, I am not affiliated with any crafting community, sellers or the shop owners or individual or company!    I do not extract nor do I get paid  for my publications of any item or items or personal opinions contained within this my personal blog.   I do not know nor am I affiliated with any person or shop I write about whatsoever*****


No comments: