Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Someone Special

Remember there are only 69 days left until Christmas morning this year!!!

Recently I have been attempting to motivate you to begin your shopping early this year to avoid that melt down feeling come Christmas morning!

Christmas gifting has been my main topic of late but there is another topic I wish to address today!  Shopping for someone who has special needs!  That special someone who might like some of their items renewed or replaced, possibly some of these gift ideas may be of some help?  

I am so proud to tell you I have found several Etsy Independent shops who cater to items for our family and friends as well as our pets who have special needs.

One such shop the Grandma and Baby Turtle shop s a terrific selection of items for walkers, wheelchairs and carry bags for a variety of genders and age groups.  Take this very cute Strawberry Shortcake wheelchair bag, just perfect for the little gal to carry her personals in....

and this one for the young fellow for all of his necessaries?

There is a fantastic selection for all age groups and nothing is as good as something hand made!

Now here is something even I need, it is called a Grabby Grab Bar!  So useful with lowering and getting up from the commode!  This is really a useful tool and looks very attractive for the powder room, if you need one this is just the ticket to have.  More attractive than those white or chrome looking bars that seem to stick out like a sore thumb as well as being very cost effective as well!
I found this hand made item at the RusticNickNacknStuff shop, of course where else but at Etsy!

How about keeping the body temperatures up?  This very attractive Lap Quilt would do the trick! 

This is wonderfully generic as to colors and would suit either gender while keeping warm in a wheelchair, or sitting on a sofa for that matter.  This pretty quilt was discovered over at the Knitrx shop .

Now everything I eat leaves a sample of it on my clothing when I eat means I should be wearing a bib, well, I have discovered some wonderfully proportioned adult bibs over at the BellaCucinaAprons shop!  Look at the area these Bibs cover and these look like a comfortable fit while it is on!!!  Perfect for me and would be perfect for your family or friend too!

Some of our senior friends at the Retirement home near me must use Oxygen.  Those portable tanks look quite ugly sitting in their wheel chairs but there is a solution for that!  Over at the AmariJade shop the shop owner Yvonne Humphries makes these wonderful carry and cover bags made especially for those portable oxygen tanks.   This is but one example, there are many more to chose from!

Let us not forget, some of us actually have pets with special needs!  
I found a shop that actually caters to our pets with some very wonderfully made items such as this Diaper cover with a harness 


and this Scootie!  
from a shop called DisabledPet Essential!

Aren't these pets adorable?

Now I am not suggesting that the items I have shared above are the only things people with special needs want, no, far from it, but sometimes the item they have could use being replaced or refreshed, and it is good to know there are shop owners at Etsy who can help us with these choices!


****The choice of items I choose to write about is my own, I am not affiliated with any crafting community, sellers or the shop owners or individual or company!    I do not extract nor do I get paid  for my publications of any item or items or personal opinions contained within this my personal blog.   I do not know nor am I affiliated with any person or shop I write about whatsoever*****



No comments: